PowerSource’s core strengths set it apart from other players:
- The first Qualified Third Party (QTP) under the
Philippines Electric Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA)
- The first QTP recipient of the Universal Charge for Missionary Electrification (UCME) subsidy from the NPC
- Provides technology-neutral energy solutions to geographically isolated and off-grid communities
- Has successfully converted the initial QTP site in Rio Tuba, Bataraza, into a viable site with its recent turnover of the distribution operations to the Palawan Electric Cooperative
Seven communities across the nation are currently serviced 24×7 by PowerSource’s operation, which has a total capacity of 5.45MWs of distributed power:
- Port Barton
These community micro-grids are operating successfully and over a dozen sites under development. PowerSource is also partnered with PT. Sumberdaya Sewatama, an integrated power solutions company, to develop 10 to 15 Solar-Diesel hybrid power plant projects throughout Indonesia.
What is microgrid technology and why it is a reliable power source?
- Microgrids are small groups of interconnected power generation and control technologies, with more than one energy sources, and which operate independently from a central grid. Being a self-sufficient energy system, this technology has less power disturbances and has proven increased reliability to meet local electricity needs.
- Microgrid technology works to decarbonize power supply systems in a more reliable and cost-efficient manner.
Renewables are energy sources often referred to as clean energy, simply because these from natural, indigenous sources, do not harm the environment, and are constantly being replenished by nature. The most popular renewable energy sources today are solar energy, hydro, and wind. Through technology, these renewable sources can be used to supply some or all of our electricity needs.
“PowerSource’s First Bulacan”
A 50 megawatt solar power plant in San Miguel, Bulacan (also known as BulacanSol) is now providing clean and renewable energy to the Luzon grid. The solar plant is a joint venture with MGen Renewable Energy, Inc. (MGreen), a subsidiary of MERALCO.
What is thermal hybrid and how it meets the standards of a safe and hazard-free neighborhood?
Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 through the employment of renewable energy sources requires smarter and more flexible energy systems. Thermal hybrid is the key towards a decentralized system.
Thermal-Hybrid Power Plant – Iligan (PPEI)
The thermal power plant in Iligan City is a hybrid of 70% coal and 30% biomass. Fully operational since 2018, it is producing 20-megawatts reliable energy supply — not subject to grid-related faults and transmission line constraints– for the people of Iligan City.
Aside from being environment-friendly, the plant also helps the community by employing Iligan locals, most of whom come from low-income families.
Specialized Technical Services
Troubleshooting and Overhaul Work
- Vibration Analysis and Condition Monitoring
- Turbines i.e. steam, gas, hydro, etc.
- Industrial fans e.g. ID fans, PA fan, SA fan, etc.
- Industrial Pumps
- Crusher and mils
- All other rotating equipment
- CFBC, PC, Stocker-fired Boilers
- Steam Turbines
- Refractory Services
- Power plant operational problems
- Fine tuning of control systems
Performance testing of power plant equipment
Conducting or supervising of performance tests as per ASME and other relevant international codes for power plants
O&M for thermal powerplants
- Initial/Pre-COD stage commissioning/supervision services
Spare parts and equipment supply
- Sourcing and supply of components and equipment
- Reputed and reliable international sources
- Engineered solutions for spares and equipment
- Drafting EPC specification
- EPC bidder’s pre-qualification and selection assistance
- Competitive procurement assistance
- Drafting bespoke contract documents
- Project monitoring and progress report
- QA inspection
- Construction Supervision
- Improvements in pollution control
- Economic Life Enhancement
- Renovation and Modernization
- Energy Auditing